Thursday, June 28, 2012


Dear family,

What a crazy week. Yesterday was changes. We all expected elder
labrador to go cuz he has three changes here and i have two. Little
did we take note that i hardly ever spend more than 2 changes in an
area. I AM GOING! And he is staying with an oro. I am going to Melo
(Cerro Largo) to a little town Frilemuerto. I hear it has few people
and the ward is super small, but i have been wanting one like this. I
think it ll be fun. I will be with an Elder Liddle (little,..i am not
sure) he is from england. He has almost a year. I dont know him but i
hear great stuff about him.

We have been telling all the people that he is going, but luckily we
got photos with everyone anyways. I really did like this area. I ll
fill you all in now. The borro, my area, is the most dangerous in the
mission. That is not saying much cuz we are still in uruguay. But this
neighborhood shows up on the news tons for killings and such. We,
luckily, just walk around with little purse things so that no one will
want to rob us. Nothing happened to us this whole time. They didnt
even thro too many rocks (i still have never been hit...knock on
wood...once in the back pack and once it hit my little purse in my
hand). But it was a fun area. Lots of cool people and cool members.
Lots of crazy stuff we saw and heard. It kinda is lame to leave but
its just a part of the missions.

The one thing i was super looking forward to next change was staying
in this house. It is the funnest house ever. We all just have so much
fun, so many jokes, and we were incredibly obedient.

i dont know much to write cuz i am leaving here....so the next e mail
should be cool. i love you all lots. i hope you all have a great week.

love elder christensen




Update from Star:

If you are trying to find Cody's new area... It is north of 33.  Near Melo - And it's called Fraile Muerto.  And it means Friar/monk Death.  Maybe a famous friar died there...

In 2004 it had 3200 people living there.  On it's Spanish page it said that it's name dates back to 1753 when a Spanish Friar named Jose Diaz died in the river.  It's farming country.  And it's main attraction?  Is a park.  That's it.

It's so tiny . . .









Robert Kirby added:
Karine,
I didn't serve in Fraile Muerto. In 1975 the place had four
buildings, eleven dogs, and no active members. Incidentally, it's
pronounced "Fry Moo-air-tow." It means "dead friar/monk." Hopefully,
that won't ramp up your worry. It's out in the middle of nowhere,
sort of the Uruguayan equivalent of Milford. He should have fun.
Kirby

No comments:

Post a Comment