Monday, November 1, 2010

I totally forgot to tell you all about my best experience so far.  We arrived here Thursday, got our first Spanish lessons Friday, and we learned to pray on Saturday.  But Sunday is a special only English day.  Sacrament and class and priesthood is all in English.  So El Presidente was conducting and he said I'd be doing the prayer.  So I turned to Elder Pollard, who has been here for 6 weeks.  I asked if it was in English or Spanish.  He said it is Spanish, but if I didn't 'have my prayer card, than it would be alright to do English.  The song finished and I went up to the stand.  Just to make sure, I whispered to the President, "In English?"  And he responded with an unexpected statement.
"No," he said, in like a grandparent way stretching the 'o' out.  "Spanish."  I'm sure my face fell to the floor.
"What if I can't?" I asked.
"Try," was all her responded.  I stepped up to that podium . . . all confident like!  Actually scared out of my mind!  And I prayed ENTIRELY in Spanish.  That is how it's done.  Hermana George was so impressed that she told the Area President when he came and had me meet him.  Oh, and by the way, not to overshadow my awesome spiritual experience . . . I met the apostle Neil Anderson.  No big deal, like a normal thing 'round here.  I was hoping Hermana George would tell him and I would make it into General Conference or something.  So yeah, pretty much owned that prayer.

Love Always,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment