Monday, July 18, 2011

Hello fam, what is up.

So what has happened recently…….nothing. its still pretty good
weather. It down poured all day Friday, and everyone said it was gonna
be super cold. Well, the weather here is just as unpredictable as the
people, cuz its hot again.

It was a super nice day yesterday, but for some reason, no one was
really at church. There were 39 in sacrament. Feriado is today, some
holiday about the constitution or something, so everyone is
asleep…probably for the whole day. but this was the first sunday in
this area that we did not have an investigator. we started with 7 at
the beginning of the day with a date to be baptized, we came in that
night with 1. we had to kill almost all of them! (kill means drop in
missionary for those that dont know) so now we gotta get out there and
search a bit.

I do wish americans were same as guayans in one thing. Sports. the Cup
of America is going on down here and is HUGE. when uruguay plays, no
one does anything else. Saturday night, they played argentina to go to
the semi finals. a bitter rivalry. The cool thing about this country
is that you dont have to watch the game or even the news to know who
won and how. everytime guay scores, people dance, sing, yell, and
shoot off fireworks. everytime the oppossing team scores you hear
screams of sadness and pain. this game went into over time twice (two
fifteen minute periods) and than goal kicks. Guay won 5 to 4. it was 9
45 at night and the entire town scrame VAMOS URUGUAY! VAMOS ARRIBA!!
from windows, streets, cars, and any other place you looked. me and my
comp went outside on our little front patch and enjoyed a little of
the celebration. all you have to do is yell, URUGUAY! and you will be
an echo of URUGUAY! VAMOS ARRIBA! VAMOS URUGUAY! and than they might
curse out messi (who is the best player in the world and plays for
argentina)

we casually asked a lady what happened, like who scored what in the
penalties. she looked at us, and noticing us being total americans
said, we beat argentina.....well ya, obviously. not many fireworks are
shot when they loose.

urugauy is doing very good in the cup. they will probably crush there
next game with peru, and than play paraguay or brazil. i think they
played yesterday but i dont know who won. soccer is king here.

but ya, everything is good. thanks everyone for all the letters and
stuff. i love you all.

love elder cody christensen


Elder Reynold's letter (and pictures) to his family that week:
Alright, sooo news for the week...... we dont really have much..... sad, I am sorry!! I dont know why but in the winter the work slooooooows down. Yesterday we didnt have a single inverstigator in the church. It sucked, cause we left early to go and get everyone, meaning like 6 different families. But EVERYONE was still asleep. A big part of the problem was that Uruguay beat Argentina in the American Cup to go to the semi finals.  Sooo ya everyone was out partying, blowing off fireworks, screaming, and dancing!  Haha it was a huge deal!  Haha soo awesome!!!  Really easy to go to bed ;) 

               But other news... um changes are next week, I have no idea if I am gonna stay or go. Oh ya it was warm this week!!  Perfect time to brake my umbrella I guess!! (haha)  There was only one day where it rained supper hard, and luckily for me, Elder Christensen was on an intercombio, sooo he so kindly let me use his water proof pants. They worked like a charm.   Well I dont have really anything else to type!! OHHHH  WAIT!! I got a letter from Tanner, and Tony!!  Soo if you could let them know, I will be writing them back today!   Also, I am gonna write Amanda and Mackay. Will you please tell Mike Daniels to write me?  He has been pretty quiet since I have been out here! I Love you all sooo much!  I hope and pray for your well being everyday! Keep on Keeping on! 
                                                                         -con amor su misionero- Elder Reynolds 





No comments:

Post a Comment