Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Can I Help You With That?

Dear Family,
What is up? Everything here is normal. Lots of walking, lots of missionary stuff. My last day as an oro was the other day too. Quite the experience in those 3 short hours after p day. Se llama the Good, the Bad, and the Crazy. We ll start with the Crazy.
Went to this one investigators house named Enrique and Marta. Enrique looks exactly like Luigi. I dont remember if i told you that yet but its like identical. He is italian with a moustache and big nose, its pretty cool. But anyway, he was telling us some interesting believes he had. I understood quite a bit of it, stuff about the devil and evil spirits. But in the end, it all comes down to the angels of god who are curently fighting the army of the devil, which is the prost it utes of the world…..hmmmm
The bad one was interesting. We were doing contacts and we arrived to this door with a lot of barking dogs. A lady came to the door, we introduced ourselves, but she said she was busy. She than said very quickly, something about bathing her dogs…or so i thought. I quickly piped in Can we help you? To which my comp turns to me and says, she is about to take a bath. I quickly added to her, can we help with your dogs (smiley face). Turns out she had just actually said that she was about to take a bath and she has crazy dogs.
And than the good story. We were at a members house (the mom is a member, the dad is not). The dad does not want to get baptized cuz he doesnt want to cumplir con the requirements now. He says he will get baptized in 10 years or so. Ugh. Thats so annoying. So he was telling us this for like the 3rd time and he was starring right at me. I just waited for him to say the guayans favorite phrase ever. Me entienedes. Do you understand me? To which i retorted, starring him directly in the eyes. I understand your words…i just dont understand your reason. I than told him about all the blessings he will recieve for his family and all this great stuff. It was a sweet Little cane droppage. I dont know if it ll have any effect, but i felt powerful.
So ya, my days of an oro are done, i am now a Junior Comp. Sweet. Not much else has really happened here. We have this way cool guy we are teaching right now called Renaldo. He speaks english really well and likes us to teach in english. The other day we were teaching him about Joseph Smith. He asked if he was still alive. We were like, oh no, he died a long time ago. To which he responded, catching us both off guard, oh i am sorry for your loss. Lol never really thought about it like that. Fun times tho.
I love you guys
Love Elder Cody Christensen
 


Cody eating fruit -- something unheard of back in the States.

Cody thinking that the brick layers need more practice with legos or something . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment